WHO WE ARE
Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd (‘our’ ‘we’ or ‘us’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the GDPR and DPA (18). This notice provides you with the relevant information regarding your rights and explains how we manage your data.
We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA247155, and act as the data controller.
Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person for the organisation is our Compliance Officer, and we can be contacted at email@example.com
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd are the controller of your personal data and we process your personal information in line with our legal obligations and to provide you with the services associated with our products. We are committed to and have processes in place to avoid ever collecting any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in a way that differs from the purposes specified in this document.
The personal data that we collect from is: -
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Telephone/mobile number
- When you registered online at our website
- When taking notes during job interviews
- Requesting information to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK
- Your employment history (CV)
- IP Address (via analytics)
- Data on how you use our website (via analytics)
- Your approximate location data based on your IP address (via analytics)
- When processing telephone orders we take your card details – we do not store this information and have strict policies and training to ensure your card details are not stored. We abide by PCI-DSS security standards for transmission of payments.
NB – All online financial transactions are completed outside of our systems and we have no access to your financial data.
We collect information in the below ways: -
- When you register online
- In dealing with enquiries either by phone, email or face to face
- When you use our support services
- When you provide services to us (Contractors)
- When you apply for a position with our organisation
- We never collect data from public sources
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your privacy is taken very seriously by Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd and we commit to never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law and the methods detailed below (see Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information). Retention of your data is only for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
- We collect your identity data to provide you with the products that you have ordered
- We collect the data about how you use our website to enable us improve your browsing experience and maintain and improve the security of our website. This is based on our legitimate interests to maintain security and make our site easy to use.
- We also process your data based to comply with UK tax law
- For our newsletter and promotional marketing emails. Each email we send you will include the facility to unsubscribe from the service. Alternatively you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request not to be sent marketing emails. At this point we will delete all your personal data from our marketing database, and if we do not have any legal basis any other information held about you (If you have ordered from us previously we have to keep some personal data). When we delete your information we maintain some anonymised information to comply with the law so that we have a record of your request.
- We collect your data when you promote or sell your services and products to us.
- Via cookies to assess and improve our security and improve user experience
- Via Social Media, when you contact us to answer your questions
- When you apply for a job with us, to assess your suitability for the role
- When you provide identity data having been offered a position with us
THE LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH WE PROCESS YOUR DATA
We process data based on the following legal basis:
- When you buy something from us or make enquiries regarding our products – Performance of a Contract
- Where you provide services to us (Contractors) - Performance of a Contract
- Where we keep records of sales – Legal Obligation
- Where you request promotional emails and newsletters – Consent
- Where, as clients we send you promotional emails and newsletters – Legitimate Interests to promote our business.
- Where we use information from your usage of the site (via cookies) – Legitimate Interests
- Where you engage with us via Social Media – Legitimate Interests / Negotiating a Contract
- When we process your data as part of our recruitment process, we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in doing so to ensure an effective recruitment process.
- When processing data related to your eligibility to work in the UK we do this on the basis of our legal obligation
- When we process special category data as part of our recruitment process this is to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment. All special category data is subject to additional security measures.
Whenever we use legitimate interests as our legal basis for processing, we always undertake a testing process to ensure that our legitimate interests do not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
You have the right of access to any personal information that Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd processes about you and to request what information we hold
If you believe that the data we hold is incomplete or inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct that information. We will provide corrections in as shorter period of time as is reasonable.
You have the right to withdraw consent for our newsletter, by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe option in all newsletters and marketing material we send.
Under certain circumstances (depending on the legal basis we are using to process your data) you also have the right to restrict processing or request erasure of your personal data in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. We do not undertake any automated decision making that would implicate any risk to your rights and freedoms.
You have the right to object to us undertaking profiling of your data (which we do to make advertising more relevant to you). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to port your data to another service – we will undertake this in a safe and secure manner
If you would like to us to undertake any actions based on your rights, we may ask you to confirm your identity.
SHARING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd uses the companies we partner with to provide the below services and business functions, however all these companies (processors) are acting in accordance with our instructions and in line with the details described in this privacy notice, each processor has provided us with assurances with regard to the security of your data.
- Purenet Hosting – they supply and manage our physical webservers – privacy notice
- Google – (Joint. Controller) they provide analytic services (via cookies) – privacy notice
- How Google uses your data – Google Information
- Facebook (Joint. Controller) – privacy notice
- Magento – they provide software for our website – privacy notice
In addition, we also share your data for these services:
- For the purposes of IT Support and Security
- For order processing
- For accounting purposes
- For Communication purposes
- For the purposes of customer support
We may share your data with a 3rd party as part of the due diligence afforded to any company wishing to invest in or buy our company.
While all the servers used in providing you this mobile application are UK based some of our partners are based and use services hosted in the US. All our US based partners are Privacy Shield certificated, and as such provide you and us with the assurances associated with that certification
Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd employs several layers of security measures, including: -
- SSL encryption - SHA-256 with RSA Encryption
- Enterprise level Web Application Firewall
THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR
Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd do not store credit / debit card details or your financial information
Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd use third party payment processors Braintree, PayPal, and Klarna, for all payment processing. Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd does not store credit card details and instead relies on the third-party payment processor in the previous list of companies for this service.
- Braintree - https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- PayPal - www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Klarna - klarna.com/1.0/shared/content/legal/terms/Klarna/en_gb/privacy
KLARNA PAYMENTS AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING YOUR DATA
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd, however, as some of this information is required as part of our registration and ordering process, you will not be able to order products without providing this.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd have strict review and retention policies in place to meet our obligations and we only retain personal data for as long as is for the purposes we have specified. UK tax law requires us to keep your personal data for a 6-year period (plus current year) after which time it will be destroyed.
Where we have your consent for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us to withdraw your consent.
Where you have applied for a position within the organisation, we destroy all CV’s and associated communication 6 months after the position has been filled. In some circumstances we may want to keep your details for a longer period, at which point we will write and ask
SPECIAL CATEGORIES DATA
Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd never knowingly processes your special category (or sensitive) personal data (see exception below). In the unlikely circumstance that you do, we employ additional security measures to ensure the security of that data.
Where you provide us with information relating to health, religion or trade union membership (or any other data which constitutes special category data) during the recruitment process, we ensure additional security measures are employed by way of both process and technical means to maximise protection from unauthorised access or loss.
Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd never knowingly processes children’s data.
LODGING A COMPLAINT
Please tell us if you're not happy with how we've handled your personal information. You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office.
PRIVACY NOTICE REVIEW
We regularly review this Privacy Notice. If we make changes they'll be updated here, and we will place a prominent notice on our website.
This privacy notice was updated on 1st March 2023
Well done for getting to the bottom of this policy. We have designed it to be as transparent, useful and engaging as possible and we would love to hear your feedback on how we can make it even better - please contact us at email@example.com
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This policy sets out which cookies are used on the following website:
By using the website, you accept and agree to the terms of this policy (the "Policy").
Lesters Nurseryworld Ltd (business registration number 04667939) ("we", "us", "our") with registered office at C/O Afz Accountancy - Suite 9 Highview, 284-290 Great Clowes Street, Salford, England, M7 2HD is the owner and operator of the website.
A cookie is a small file that asks for permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular page. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can adapt its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by collecting and storing information about your likes.
We use traffic log cookies to recognize which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about website traffic and improve our website to tailor it to the needs of our customers. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and after that the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by allowing us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you don't. A cookie does not in any way give us access to your computer or any information about you, except for the data you wish to share with us.
You can choose whether to accept or reject cookies. This may result in you not being able to take full advantage of the website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by the website you visit. They are often used to allow the website to function or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We use the following cookies:
- First party cookies for the functionality of the website. These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of the website. These include, for example, cookies that allow you to log into secure areas of the website, use a shopping cart and create comparison lists.
- Third-party cookies for analysis and performance purposes. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they use it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example by ensuring that users can easily find what they are looking for.
- Third-party cookies for targeting and re-targeting. These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make the website and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. For this purpose, we may also share this information with third parties.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|A security measure to protect the data from Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF).
|Used for cookie restriction mode.
|Triggers the cleanup of local cache storage.
|Local storage of visitor-specific content
|Forces local storage of specific content sections that should be invalidated.
|Tracks error messages and other notifications that are shown to the user
|Appends a random, unique number and time to pages with customer content
|Stores configuration for product data related to Recently Viewed / Compared Products.
|Stores product IDs of recently compared products
|Stores product IDs of previously compared products for easy navigation.
|Stores product IDs of recently viewed products for easy navigation.
|Stores product IDs of recently previously viewed products for easy navigation
|Used for tracking the search queries made by the visitor.
|To store and count pageviews.
|To store and count pageviews.
|To read and filter requests from bots.
|Tracks the number of times a user has visited the websites
|__utmb and __utmc
|The cookies __utmn and __utmc work together to calculate how long a visit takes
|Track where the user came from
|Used to throttle request rate by Google Analytics.
|Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics.
|To store and track conversions.
|Used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address.
|To store a unique user ID for marketing or tracking
|To store and combine pageviews by a user into a single session recording.
|To store and track visits across websites.
|To store and track visits across websites.
|To store and track visits across websites.
|Used to count how many times different users visit the site
|Creates a unique ID for your session to help tell us how you use our site
|Determines if a user is included in the data sampling
|Holds current session data
|Ensures data from subsequent visits to the same site are attributed to the same user ID
|To provide functions across pages.
|To store performed actions on the website.
|To store performed actions on the website.